Ajmal to give Sri Lankan batsmen a "tough time"

The mind games have begun ahead of Pakistan's tour of Sri Lanka, with Pakistani spinner Saeed Ajmal announcing that he and teammate Abdul Rehman plan on tormenting Sri Lankan batsmen.
"My entire focus is on my bowling and as I have already been declared the best bowler in the last Test series against England, I will try my level best once again to excel on the tour of Sri Lanka," Ajmal said, speaking to reporters in Pakistan.
"If pitches in Sri Lanka suit spinners, I, along with Abdul Rehman, will do our best to give [a] tough time to Sri Lankan batsmen."

Ajmal was the chief destroyer with the ball when the two sides met in UAE last year. The off-spinner took 18 wickets in that three Tests series and was the second highest wicket-taker in the five-match ODI series.
"I also made my debut in Sri Lanka and now I want to make my next tour memorable with an extraordinary performance," Ajmal added.
Pakistan kick off their tour of Sri Lanka with two T20s in Hambantota on June 1 and 3.

No comments: